Thursday, October 1, 2009

My Road Show Returns

I'll be teaching my first marketing/public relations seminar for the 2009-10 year on Wednesday, October 14, at 1PM at Western New England College in Springfield, MA. (For those who want to attend, it's in Emerson Hall 101A).

The class is a communications/public relations class taught by Brenda Garton, a media colleague, and a former TV anchor at Springfield's NBC affiliate, WWLP-TV22. Brenda has brought media professionals in for years to talk with her students. I'm always glad to help her out.

Since I opened my business in 1986, I always thought that it was important to share my expertise and experiences with others considering marketing and PR. In previous positions, I've mentored interns. A couple have become quality contributors to broadcast and print journalism.

In recent years, I've done marketing and PR seminars for WNEC, Indiana University's Arts Administration Program and other programs. It's a small, yet fulfilling, way to give something back to those who mentored me along the way.

No comments: