Friday, March 5, 2010

No February Postings ?

I was quiet in blog-world last month, probably with good reason.

Home life took precedence. On January 31, I went over to check my father’s house, the home I’d grew up in. I’m the caretaker during his Florida winters. The pipes had burst sometime in between my previous visit on the prior Thursday, before a massive thunder/lightning/windstorm and an arctic chill. The cascading waters short-circuited the furnaces, so as I arrived, I saw frosted windows (never a good sign), wood floors buckling under glazed ice. The following days were spent with plumbers, oil people, insurance adjusters, repair people, etc.

Having learned that repair people only give arrival estimates, I had to work client meetings and schedules around “we’ll be there sometime 9am-noon”. The old house has no wi-fi, and phone service had been suspended, so much of my work took place evenings and weekends.

As house got under control, I decided to fly to FL for a week to provide some dad-care and work on my tan. Coldest winter on record in Marco Island, FL, but I managed to get outside daily and enhance the tan.

Anyways, at work, we provided counsel to: a former broadcast colleague who is out-of-work and wrote his resume and cover letters; fine-tuned a travel itinerary for a client; wrote several newsletter copies, and worked with some new clients. We also became more adept at social network marketing with Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter (mgauerbach).

No comments: